This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of megabus.com. The opinions and text are all mine. Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
Most of you are aware that April is Earth Month. Although we love to travel, traveling can affect the environment. Taking public transportation like megabus.com instead of driving is one way travelers can be more eco-friendly. For those not familiar with megabus.com, it is a low cost bus service which offers convenient city center to city center travel. Below is a chart that illustrates how megabus.com can minimize the negative environmental impact of traveling:
According to megabus.com:
Providing one of the most eco-friendly wants to travel in the United States, megabus.com has transported more than 50 million passengers over the last 10 years – helping to curb our carbon footprint while offering a safe and economical way to see the sites and visit friends and family. As a leader in sustainable bus travel efforts, megabus.com is always looking to continue to reduce their environmental impact which is why all megabus double decker busses are outfitted with a GreenRoad system. In addition to providing the drivers with real time information and feedback to drive safely, such as highlighting potentially hazardous areas or problematic traffic trends, the system also assists with reducing fuel consumption and carbon emissions.
Even for those not interested in riding megabus.com or using public transportation, there are still small things you can do to minimize the negative impact of traveling on the environment. Here are some eco-friendly travel tips we try to practice during our travels:
• Carry a reusable water bottle that you can refill and avoid buying bottled water.
• Pack a reusable shopping bag on your travels to carry groceries and souvenirs.
• Pack light. A plane that weighs more produces more carbon emissions.
• Buy local products instead of products that have been imported.
• Eat Local: dine at restaurants with locally sourced ingredients and shop at farmers’ markets.
• Skip housekeeping and reuse towels at hotels.
To celebrate Earth Month and promote environmental protection and awareness, megabus.com is running the Megabus Masterpiece Contest and giving one winner $1,000 and the opportunity to decorate one of their buses with their eco-friendly inspired artwork.
Here are the details of the Megabus Masterpiece Contest:
• Upload an original work of art related to Earth Day and eco-friendly travel.
• The grand prize winner’s artwork will be displayed across the side of a megabus and will also receive $1,000.
• Contest ends on Earth Day (April 22, 2017). The winner will be chosen and announced via megabus.com social channels on May 15, 2017.
• To enter the Megabus Masterpiece Contest, visit http://woobox.com/ogjv7a to upload your original artwork related to Earth Day and eco-friendly travel.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of megabus.com. The opinions and text are all mine.