If you are interested in an easy way to earn the Southwest companion pass time is running out to take advantage of a limited time promotion to earn a Companion Pass through 2/28/2024 with just one credit card sign up bonus.
While this offer has officially ended on chase.com and using credit affiliate links, the offer is still available through Chase refer a friend links.
How to Earn Southwest Companion Pass with One Credit Card
Here are the details on this limited time promotion to earn the companion pass with just one credit card approval:
• Apply and be approved for one of the personal versions of the Southwest credit card (our referral link) and spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
• Promotional Southwest Companion Pass is valid through 2/28/2024 plus you will earn an extra 30,000 points.
• Offer ends March 19, 2023.
Earning your Southwest Companion Pass through this limited time promotion has its pros and cons:
• Easily earn the Companion Pass with just 1 personal Southwest credit card sign up bonus. Normally you need to earn 135,000 Rapid Rewards points in a calendar year to earn the Southwest Companion Pass. This means you need to apply and be approved for both a personal and business Southwest credit card around the same time or stick with just one Southwest credit card and find another way to earn the remaining extra points needed for the companion pass.
• The Companion Pass is valid for just under one (1) year (through 2/28/2024) instead of almost two (2) years. Normally the Southwest Companion Pass is valid the remainder of the calendar year it is earned and for the entire calendar year immediately following. If you time it right and earn the companion pass in January, you can get the companion pass for almost two (2) full years.
If you want an easy way to earn the Southwest Companion Pass without a lot of spending, this is a good time to apply for a personal Southwest credit card and have almost a full year to use the companion pass. Otherwise, the best option to maximize how long you have the companion pass for is to wait to apply late 2023/early 2024 (and complete your credit card spending in 2024) to earn the companion pass for most of 2024 and all of 2025.
What is the Southwest Companion Pass?
For those not familiar, the Southwest Companion Pass allows your companion to fly almost free anytime you fly – either on a paid or award booking. The Companion Pass is basically a buy one get one free deal but even better because your companion can fly free with you even if you use points to book your ticket. Both the member and the companion must be booked on the same flights and dates.
The full terms of the Southwest Companion Pass can be found in the terms and conditions on southwest.com.