If you use Lyft, here is a easy way to earn some extra Delta SkyMiles. Delta and Lyft recently introduced their partnership which allows you to earn Delta SkyMiles for taking Lyft rides.
Here are the details of the Delta/Lyft partnership:
• Earn 1 mile per $1 USD on every Lyft ride
• Limited-Time Bonus Offer on Airport Rides: From now through August 31, 2017, earn 3 miles per $1 USD on all Lyft airport rides.
• New Lyft User $20 Credit: SkyMiles Members who are new Lyft riders will receive two (2) $10 credits in their Lyft account profile. A credit will be automatically applied to new user’s first and second Lyft rides that are completed within 60 days of signing up.
• There is no a cap on the number of Delta SkyMiles that can be earned for Lyft rides.
• Ride fees for Lyft Line, Lyft Classic, Lyft Plus, Lyft Shuttle, Lyft Premier, and Lyft Access all earn Delta SkyMiles. Government imposed taxes and fees, tolls and tip do not earn miles.
• Delta SkyMiles Members can only earn miles for bookings made from their own Lyft accounts.
Earning miles is easy. You just have to link your SkyMiles and Lyft account accounts.
To start earning Delta miles for Lyft rides, visit https://www.deltalyft.com to link your Lyft and Delta accounts. Keep in mind that the name of the SkyMiles account number needs to match the name of the Lyft account profile.
SPG has a similar partnership with Uber, but even though Starpoints are more valuable, I think this is a better promotion. For the SPG/Uber partnership, you first need to complete a stay at an SPG property in that calendar year before you start earning Starpoints for Uber rides. There are no similar requirements for the Delta/Lyft partnership, you just need to link your accounts.