With the recent addition of new Ultimate Rewards airline transfer partners, I thought it would be useful to any beginners to review the list of Chase Ultimate Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners, how to make transfers and which credit cards earn Ultimate Rewards. Currently, Chase has a total of 13 transfer partners (9 airline transfer partners and 4 hotel partners).
Chase Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partners
Chase Ultimate Rewards Airline Partners:
- Aer Lingus AerClub
- British Airways Executive Club
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue
- JetBlue TrueBlue -new added 8/26/18!
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
- United MileagePlus
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- Iberia Plus
Chase Ultimate Rewards Hotel Partners
- World of Hyatt
- Marriott Rewards
- IHG Rewards Club
- The Ritz-Carlton Rewards
Transfers are at a 1:1 ratio (meaning 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points transfer to 1,000 miles/points). Most transfers are instant (Singapore Krisflyer is one exception).
The Ultimate Rewards partners I personally find to be most valuable are United and Hyatt. Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Flying Blue and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club are also transfer partners of all major points currencies (Amex Membership Rewards, SPG Starpoints and Citi Thank You points) so I prefer to use one of those other currencies instead of Ultimate Rewards points which I find most valuable. I have my eye on Korean Air since they have good award availability to Asia.
Which Credit Cards Earn Ultimate Rewards That Can Be Transferred to Travel Partners
Not all Ultimate Rewards points directly transfer to Chase’s travel partners but all indirectly transfer provided you have a “premium” card.
There are 2 type of credit cards that earn Ultimate Rewards: 1) premium cards (cards with an annual fee after the first year) and 2) no annual fee cards:
1. Premium Ultimate Reward Cards (DIRECTLY transfer to travel partners)
• Personal: Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Sapphire Reserve
• Business: Ink Plus (no longer offered to new applicants) and Ink Business Preferred
2. No Annual Fee Ultimate Reward Cards (Do not directly transfer to travel partners but you can indirectly transfer if you have one of the premium ultimate rewards cards above)
• Personal: Sapphire (no longer offered to new applicants), Freedom and Freedom Unlimited
• Business: Ink Business Cash and Ink Business Unlimited
If you have one of the premium Ultimate Rewards credit cards listed in (1) above, Ultimate Rewards in that account directly transfer to airline and hotel partners. (For a guide on how to transfer your Ultimate Rewards points to the travel partners listed above see related post: How to Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards Points to Travel Partners.)
Ultimate Rewards in a no annual fee credit card account listed in (2) above, DO NOT directly transfer to partners but can indirectly transfer if you have one of the premium Ultimate Rewards cards. The way to transfer Ultimate Rewards points from one of the cards listed in (2) above, is to transfer the points to an account of one of the premium Ultimate Rewards cards. So if you have a Freedom and a Chase Sapphire Preferred card, you can transfer points from your Freedom account into your Sapphire Preferred account and then transfer to airline and hotel partners from that account. See related post How To Combine or Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards Points Between Accounts.
Originally published May 28, 2016 but updated to reflect new Chase transfer partners