Since we are not traveling right now, transferring flexible points such as Amex Membership Rewards is an easy way to keep miles from expiring. The list of Amex Membership Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners can be hard to find from your American Express online account.
Most of these transfer at a 1:1 ratio (meaning 1,000 Amex Membership Rewards points transfer to 1,000 miles/points) unless otherwise noted. American Express also periodically offers limited time transfer bonuses for transfers to certain partners.
List of Amex Membership Rewards Airline Transfer Partners
- Aer Lingus AerClub
- Aeromexico (1,000 Membership Rewards = 1,600 Premier points)
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- KLM and Air France Flying Blue
- Alitalia Milemiglia
- ANA Airlines
- Asia Miles
- Avianca Lifemiles
- British Airways Avios
- Delta Skymiles
- El Al (1,000 Membership Rewards = 20 Matmid points) (horrible transfer ratio)
- Emirates Skywards
- Etihad Guest
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Iberia Plus
- JetBlue TrueBlue (250 Membership Rewards points = 200 TrueBlue points)
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Qantas Frequent Flyer (500 Membership Rewards points = 500 Qantas Points)
- Virgin Atlantic FlyingClub
List of Amex Membership Rewards Hotels
- Choice Privileges
- Hilton Honors (1,000 Membership Rewards points = 2,000 Hilton Honors Points)
- Marriott Bonvoy
Although they transfer at a great ratio, I would not transfer my Amex Membership Rewards points to Hilton Honors since there are several versions of Amex Hilton cards that earn Hilton points so they are very easy to earn elsewhere. I would rather transfer my American Express Membership Rewards points to one of the airline programs.
Here is a link of all the Membership Rewards transfer travel partners on the American Express website.
(For a guide on how to transfer Amex Membership Rewards points see related post: How to Transfer Amex Membership Rewards Points to Airlines.)