If you love travel quotes you already know the top travel quotes are inspirational, motivational, funny and maybe even a little cheesy (in a good way). There are hundreds of great quotes about travel, but we narrowed the list to 31 of the best travel and vacation quotes that inspire wanderlust.
Best Travel and Vacation Quotes to Inspire Wanderlust
1. “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
2. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
3. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” – James Michener
4. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
5. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
6. “The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
7. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
8. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” ― Clifton Fadiman
9. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
10. “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” – Roy M. Goodman
11.”Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” —Maya Angelou
12. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen Covey
13. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
14. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” -Mary Anne Radmacher
15. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” – Melody Truong
16. “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.” – Eugene Fodor
17. “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” – Lawrence Block
18. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
19. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” ― Chief Seattle
20. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” — Anais Nin
21. “Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” ― Miriam Beard
22. “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” -Susan Heller
23. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” ― Henry Miller
24. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” -Bill Bryson
25. “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” -Ray Bradbury
26. “All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” -Samuel Johnson
27. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” -Seneca
28. “I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment.” -Hilaire Belloc
29. ”The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” -Marcel Proust
30. “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.”― Danny Kaye
31. “The journey not the arrival matters.” – T.S. Eliot
32. “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
33. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
What are your favorite travel quotes? Do you find quotes about traveling inspirational?
For more inspiration check out 51 Best Travel Movies To Inspire Wanderlust.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Save this to Pinterest!