Do you have a Discover credit card? If the answer is yes, you can earn points for referring the Discover card to your family or friends (if they apply and are approved using your referral). If you refer a friend who becomes a new Discover cardmember, you could both get $50 Cashback Bonus or equivalent. If you do not yet have a Discover card, make sure you use a referral link to earn a sign up bonus.
How to use Discover Refer a Friend to Generate/Share Referral Link
Here are step by step instructions for generating a Discover credit card referral link:
1. Log into your credit card account at discover.com.
2. Click on “Rewards” then click on “Refer a Friend” under the Earn Rewards column.
3. You will see a screen that says when you refer a friend who becomes a new Discover cardmember, you could both get a $50 Cashback Bonus or equivalent.
4. There are 3 options for sharing your referral link with friends and family. You can have Discover send an email to your friend on your behalf, or instantly share your referral link on facebook or twitter.
Once you share your link, you will get a message that your referral has been submitted.
You will receive a $50 Cashback Bonus or 5,000 Miles referral reward if your friend applies for the specific offer you send via the link provided and is approved by December 31, 2017.
Rules For Discover Refer a Friend Bonus
According to Discover.com, following are the rules for earning a Discover refer a friend bonus:
• Each eligible friend will receive a $50 Cashback Bonus or 5,000 Miles after making a purchase within three months of opening a new Discover account.
• There is a maximum 10 referral rewards ($500 or 50,000 Miles) per calendar year.
• You are not eligible to refer a friend if you have a Discover® Business card, Discover® Business Miles card, Essential by Discover® card, Escape by Discover® card, or Miles by Discover® card.
• Existing Discover cardmembers and those who have opted out of receiving marketing communications from Discover are not eligible referrals.
• You will not be notified whether a specific referral was approved or declined.
• Cashback Bonus or Miles will post to your account up to 5 weeks after each referral is approved.
If you are interested in applying for a Discover card and do not know anyone to send you a referral, we would be grateful if you use our referral link. Once you have a Discover card you can then generate your own referral bonus in the future. You are also welcome to leave your referral links or email in the comments below.
Related Post: If you have a Chase credit card, see if you are eligible for a Chase refer a friend bonus here.