Registration is live for this quarter’s SPG Double Play global promotion>. Here are the details:
- SPG registered members can earn bonus Starpoints for every eligible stay between January 5, 2015, and April 15, 2015 at participating Starwood hotels and resorts.
- Earn double Starpoints® on eligible paid stays of two or more nights. There is no limit on the number of double bonus Starpoints that can be earned during the promotion period.
- You can also earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints for every eligible five nights (five nights do not need to be consecutive). The 1,000 bonus may be earned up to four times for a total of up to 4,000 Starpoints.
- Not all hotels are participating. Here is the list of nonparticipating hotels and resorts but it is subject to change.
- Stays booked through prepaid, third-party websites (such as orbitz.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, etc.) are not eligible for the bonus offer.
- Stays booked with Free Night Awards or Cash & Points do not count as qualifying stays for the promotion.
- Bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member’s account within two to four weeks after the qualifying stay posts.
For more information, the complete Terms and Conditions can be found at https://www.spgpromos.com/doubleplay/?action=terms&language=en_US&EM=VTY_SPG_DOUBLEPLAY_PROMOTION and the FAQ can be found at https://www.spgpromos.com/doubleplay/?action=terms.faq&language=en_US&EM=VTY_SPG_DOUBLEPLAY_PROMOTION”. To register visit http://spg.com/doubleplay on or prior to March 31, 2015.
In my opinion this is an OK promotion but might as well earn the bonus points if you were planning on staying at an SPG property. Even if you are not sure if you will be staying at an SPG property it is worth registering just in case.