While credit card bonuses are the fastest way to earn a lot of miles without traveling, one of the easiest ways to earn miles is through online shopping since you can earn miles for purchases you would be making anyway. Right now, 3 airlines are offering extra bonus miles for online shopping until December 22 – just in time for last minute holiday shopping.
Here are the details:
Alaska Airlines – 500 Bonus Miles
- Spend $200, earn 500 bonus miles
- Here is a link to the promotion on Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Shopping.
American Airlines AAdvantage – Up to 2,000 Bonus Miles
- 500 bonus miles when you spend $150
- 2,000 bonus miles when you spend $500
- Here is a link to the promotion on the AA online shopping portal.
United MileagePlus Shopping – 500 Bonus Miles
- 500 bonus miles when you spend $200
- Here is a link to the promotion on United MileagePlus shopping.
In case anyone reading is not very familiar with online shopping portals, these bonuses are in addition to the miles normally earned for going through an online shopping portal and also in addition to any miles, points or cash back earned on your credit card.
If you don’t plan to make enough purchases to earn all bonuses and need to choose only one, consider how much you will be spending and also the payout on the store you are shopping from. An easy way to compare payouts if you participate in several frequent flyer programs is checking websites such as evreward and Cashback Monitor.