When going through my inbox I noticed an email offering me the opportunity to earn up to 50,000 bonus Hawaiian miles for referring the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard. The offer seems to be targeted but the only other family member that has the card also received the email.
Here are the details on the Hawaiian Airlines credit card referral bonus offer:
• You can earn 5,000 bonus miles for every approved account you refer through this special offer, up to a maximum of 50,000 bonus miles.
• Your friend must apply and be approved by December 4, 2017.
• Offer is targeted by email. According to the email I received: “Only the cardmember intended to receive this email will receive bonus miles. If the email is re-forwarded by another person, bonus miles will not be awarded.”
• To get started check for an email with the subject line “Refer your friends and earn up to 50,000 bonus miles” and click on “Start Sharing” and enter your friend(s) email address. I sent an email to another one of my email accounts and it arrived immediately.
• The only way to general the referral link is to send an email to your friends. Your friends will be notified of this offer, unless they have elected to not receive emails from Barclaycard.
• Your friend(s) will receive an email with the offer (subject line: Special offer for the Hawaiian Airlines(R) Mastercard(R)) to apply for the card and earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.
• To be eligible to receive the bonus miles, the cardmember’s account must be open, active and in good standing until miles are awarded, which may take up to 8-10 weeks from the promotion end date.
The nice thing about referring the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard is that the sign up bonus is higher than the official 35,000 sign up bonus. You can also find a sign up bonus of 50,000 miles by making a dummy booking on hawaiianair.com. The only difference is that if you apply using a referral link you will need to spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days to earn the sign up bonus but if you apply through the banner on hawaiianair.com you only need to spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days. For those that can generate an extra $2,000 of credit card spending it might be worth it to apply through a family member’s referral link so that they can earn 5,000 bonus miles.
One of the other features of the card that is great for couples or families is that cardholders can share miles between them for free so it is easy to consolidate miles in one account for easier award bookings.
If you were thinking of applying for the Hawaiian Airlines credit card make sure to either make a dummy booking or use a referral link for the higher 50,000 sign up bonus rather than the official 35,000 sign up bonus.
Here is our referral link for anyone that would like to use it. You are also welcome to leave your Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard referral links or email in the comments below.