Some of you may have applied for the Amex Platinum card with the 100K bonus, so I thought it would be a good time to review all the Amex Membership Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners. I was recently looking at my American Express online account and thought the list of transfer partners were hard to find.
Most of these transfer at a 1:1 ratio (meaning 1,000 Amex Membership Rewards points transfer to 1,000 miles/points) unless otherwise noted. American Express also periodically offers limited time transfer bonuses for transfers to certain partners.
List of Membership Rewards Airline Partners
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- KLM and Air France Flying Blue
- Alitalia Mile Miglia
- ANA Airlines
- Asia Miles
- British Airways Avios (250 Membership Rewards = 200 Avios)
- Delta Skymiles
- El Al (1,000 Membership Rewards = 20 Matmid points) (horrible transfer ratio)
- Emirates Skywards
- Etihad Guest
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Iberia Plus (250 Membership Rewards points = 200 Avios)
- JetBlue TrueBlue (250 Membership Rewards = 200 TrueBlue points)
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Virgin America Elevate (200 Membership Rewards = 100 125 Elevate points – 25% transfer bonus through 10/31/2016)
- Virgin Atlantic FlyingClub
List of Membership Rewards Hotels
- Choice Privileges
- Hilton HHonors (1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,500 Hilton HHonors Points)
- SPG Starwood Preferred Guest (1,000 Membership Rewards points = 333 Starpoints) (bad ratio)
Although they transfer at a great ratio, I would not transfer my Membership Rewards to Hilton HHonors since there are 2 Amex cards and 2 Citi cards that earn Hilton points so they are very easy to earn elsewhere. I would rather transfer my Membership Rewards points to one of the airline programs.
Here is a link of all the Membership Rewards transfer partners on the American Express website.